Floral Scent Smell In Snuff Or Is It Just Me! Question?

Hello Everyone! Has anyone else experienced this? Now when I use my Tia Maria after the initial coffee scent. I’ve distinctly smell a floral scent in the background. Reminds me a little of the allergy medicine Flonase inhaler, not as strong. Yet I could swear I smell it and taste it down the back of my throat. Not once but every time I’ve used it this week. Is this normal with snuff? Have you smelled this with Tia Maria? If so, will I notice these types of changes as I use other snuffs.

Yes there is a chemical floral and a light spice to Tia Maria. A lot of the Gawith Hoggarth snuffs have an odd twang to them other than the scent its supposed to be. Not necessarily a bad twang just odd.

Thank you Troutstroker!

The user and all related content has been deleted.

I know exactly what you are talking about, Kim. A generous fellow on another forum sent me some snuffs that he didn’t really care for. I found they were all usable except for the five or six different GH snuffs. They were practically untouched by either of us. All of them have this objectionable soapy/chemical aftertaste. Evidently enough people like them to keep the company in business. Just as some people are color blind, I suspect some people’s olfactory sense is “blind” to the this ingredient. How else could you explain it?

Man that after smell/taste is ruining my lovely enjoyment of Tia Maria. They can take that soapy “S” out. I do not want to smell flowers. I don’t go outside and eat blossoming flowers. I’d like to smell something edible. It’s like me spraying perfume on and it gets on your finger then you light a cig. You have contaminated the cig with perfume. I’m in a B__y mood today. Now that I think about every since it’s been that time of the month I have been able to taste the floral. I know this isn’t something most guys want to hear about. But like being pregnant during this time my senses are heightened. So I’m starting to wonder if that’s why I can smell this now, before I never smelled it. Was sniffing a nice amount at that before this. Now I can’t stand it, I got to find something to drink behind it or another snuff to try and kill that aftertaste. Or mix it with a stronger snuff I didn’t care for before just to cut that aftertaste. Maybe the male senses is better at detecting floral scents then, previously thought. I guess men can tell when a woman has taken a bath in perfume. She just has to much on. Sorry guys! This week I’ve found myself enjoying Apricot snuff more this week and snuffs that has more of a tobacco taste.

If you don’t like floral scents in your snuff Kim I suggest you stay a thousand miles away from Fribourg & Treyer snuffs!!! LOL

Lazarus - F&T makes a fine High Dry Toast with no scent - but their others scented. Even so, they don’t give this off flavor. To compare the scent of GH to F&T is like comparing a dryer sheet to Chanel .

hate chanel… awful stuff, stinks to heaven.

I have learned that I don’t like floral scents either, as well as perfume scents. It seems I too only like scents that are edible. I also like most menthol snuffs and American snuffs. Snuffs like Jockey Club, Royal George, and MC Jasmine are just not for me.

I don’t think the High Dry Toast has no scent. All of the Fribourg & Treyer snuffs have a strong floral scent (though it is fair to say the HDT has a milder scent) I have not really tried GH snuffs but I have some on order. If floral scents don’t appeal to Kim at all then I would not recommend F&T for her at this stage.

Love floral scents. I have noticed some tobaccos in their natural state have a floral aroma to them. The floral I detect in the G and H isn’t so much chemicaly seeming to me as tobaccoy. Has anyone else noticed the longer they use snuff the easier the tobacco scent is to pick up. I remember when I started I never noticed any tobacco scent now I often notice it as much as the added scents even in pochels (which have a wet cigar aroma, but in a good way). Wilsons and toque seem to also have a cigar aroma. Toque seems a little lighter then wilsons. And F&T depends on the blend more so then it does with other companies. Oh and the tobacco back note on Mccrystals is my most hated scent in snuffdom (I know a lot of people will disagree) to my nose it’s just terrible in fact I’ve never even thought about finishing one of their tins.

As a newbie I’m was like you Bob. Troutstroker, W.C. Dummy, Stitch,Lazarus, Betonente, and Dajawu. You guys have given me a good lesson on what to stay away from if I do not like floral. Found it very interesting that Chanel is not a favorite and women love that perfume. We think it smells great and drive men crazy when it really doesn’t. Do men like when women smell like different fruits. Since they make body sprays that make women smell like fruit. Put a couple women in a car and it smells like fruit cocktail, fruit salad or Ambrosia my mother use to make. LOL! Today I got some Wilsons Best Dark & Wilsons Best SP. Which was a great relief! I’m enjoying both, had some questions concerning the two which I posted in a different discussion Wilsons Best Dark & Wilsons Best SP! Question About The Best Dark

“The tobaccos that make up “Toast” are: Zimbabwe Flue Cured Stem, Dark Fired Leaf & Sun Cured Leaf. No flavors, natural tobacco flavor make this snuff a stout flavor to be enjoyed by the experienced snuff consumer.” The above is from Mars Cigars listing for F&T’s HDT. I take them at their word. Every nose is a little different, as exemplified by bob’s post. The tobacco scent behind the McCrystals hopfenschnupe is superb - at least for me. Then again I find toque’s base much richer that WofS. , though can agree they are both cigar-like. To say one should not try another floral after experiencing the GH snuffs is like deciding never to eat beef again after a trip to MacDonalds.

thanks for reminding me stitch I actualy really want to try the hopfenschnupe I think the mccrystals might smell great with hops. As far as HDT which is definately going on my next order for sure as I’ve said before some tobacco smells floraly or has that hint. Especialy if grown near a lot of flowers.

Someone her wants to know if there’s a snuff that smells like Gardenias or close to it?

Kim, scientific studies show that the scent of cinnamon and celery seed are the two most attracting scents for men. If you haven’t read Tom Wolf’s Jitterbug Perfume, it’s a very entertaining novel and in a round about way, sheds a little light on the subject. Scientific study has also found that for women, a little baby powder on a man can rev things up.

Jasmine might be similar.

Personally, I would rather the women didn’t smell like anything at all except maybe a light hint of their shampoo. I have not smelled one female perfume that I could actually say “oh that smells good”. And most women put way too much on, even though they think they smell good no guy wants a women smelling like a french whore house. Especially if you have to sit in the car with them and go somewhere. There was one scent one of my old girlfriends used to wear that I actually loved. It was lemon verbena & wasn’t really a perfume also didn’t mind the scent of her fresh cucumber scented deodorant either. Bay Rum was the #1 scent for a man to wear voted on by women in a Maxim magazine last year Also it would be very easy to make your own gardenia snuff as they are so fragrant.

i am with troutstroker there. i tend to like women not to smell. cucumber is great. like it for myself. they sell cucuimber soap everywhere in korea and i find it much better than most shampoos i ever used. stitch: tere also is “The Perfume” by patrick suesskind. they even made it into a movie, which i did not watch. but the book was great.