just had soul destroying news from northerner...

“Dear Ed, Due to new FDA regulations we are no longer able to offer Skruf and Jakobsson from our US warehouse, as it seems for now. We’re very sorry. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Have a lovely day!” My future is looking pretty bleak right now. Snusline doesn’t list jakobsson’s strong ATM either. My favourite :frowning: thunder gives me acid.

The selection there is beyond disappointing, unless you like flavors of mint, citrus, etc… only two flavors that I would order from them and not priced attractively…

So what do you use? Can’t get Swedish match in the UK, and my favourite skruf and jakobssons seem to be having problems now too. V2 have never really impressed me and as for gn… I like odens regular strength but they have nothing on jakobssons (strong- their regular is too weak)

Jaks Classic strong has been discontinued, only strong ones are dynamite,mint, melon and wintergreen.

When was that discontinued? Damnit, I discovered it just before Christmas and used it quite heavily since. Las order was mid/late January. Looks like I need to find a replacement, it was the only ‘classic’ strong I found that didn’t get bitter, or give me acid when used constantly. I guess the flavours are good too, just not as good for regular use. Cheers for the heads up.

I feel your pain Firestarter0, Jak´s classic strong (and the non strong variant) were half of my snus consumption and acording to snuscentral are both discontinued :frowning: http://www.snuscentral.org/snus-news/mr-unz-reports/item/643-jakobsson-s-snus-has-fda-setback-and-discontinues-6-snuses

I just had a Jakobssons Dynamite which is good but I prefer the regular. The strong I liked initially but then went off the flavour which was different to the others. Maybe to much Bergamot? I had the same thing happen to me in that I asked Northerner when they were due more skruf etc and they said the FDA had stopped their shipment. I hate the EU. It’s such a bad organisation and still it lives on and on. Hope the UK leaves soon after the next election in May and the snus selling ban is scrapped. In fact just scrap every single unelected EU rule! I can make do with some Thunder but I will be using a lot less snus if not just giving it up altogether when I finish the last of my Skruf and Jakobssons. I would have loved to have been able to try a lot more of the many snus available to the whole world but not the EU (except Sweden where it is made who got an EU exemption and Norway I think?) Typical bonkers rules!!! Now for a Slim sunfresh stark which is also pretty good, to calm me down! Oh and I did ask Northerner if they could just ship it from Sweden like they do with the Thunder but strangely they didn’t explain why they couldn’t do this? No we have to ship the Skruf and Jakobssons to the USA before we can send it back to you in the EU but we don’t have to do that with Thunder? I am definitely missing something here? apart from some more nice snus that is. Just checked Northerner site and they’ve practically discontinued all swedish snus even Thunder. They been rumbled by somebody. Looks like their snus operation to the EU is being shut down completely? edit. Checked again just now and everything except Skruf etc is back??? Things change quickly around there. Who knows what’s going on? Maybe I looked just at the moment they where doing a price update or something?

Looks like I’ll have to pick up some odens, see if I still like that. Just been using skruf and jaks for months, with the odd thunder to try flavours (none really struck me or were palatable after a whole can). I hate how v2 portions all need fluffing up too, then leave crap on my fingers.

Use white portions of you don’t want the juice on your fingers. Jaks Classic strong had sweetener in it,mthsts why it tasted different. Oden’s no3 will be the closest, they do an extra stark and extreme version of it as well as a normal 8mg, so if you need a stark then go for the extreme, the nic release is nice and gradual, the extra stark kicks like a mule so the extreme will satisfy for longer but not in a mind bending way.